Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Name Is Inigo Montoya, Prepare To Tie!

So, New contributor in the proverbial "hizzaah"
Most people (the few, the beautiful) know me as boomo around the web. I have been actively playing 40k for the last year and a half, but I have been dipping my toes in to the hobby on and off for about ten years.
Firstly I must say I love 40k, the fluff is very rich, and I think the quality of Black Librarys publishings have continually increased over time. I will maybe (probably) whine and rant about GWs usual disconnect from the "reality" of the gaming community, whether it be releases nobody asked for, or rules that make no goddamn sense, but in my heart I love the hobby, and always look forward to new releases.

I play a Nurgle/Khorne CSM army, with focus lately shifting to the smelly boys.
I can not claim to be any good at painting or modeling, but I think I have the willingness to learn and improve.

I would like to show you my latest project (will do a full army list with pictures when everything is painted and I can fucking settle on an army list)
Like most of the old CSM models, the obliterators really suck.
Very uninspired sculpts, and I will go as far as to say that the previous version was better, in concept at least. When the Fantasy River Trolls got released last year, I saw the potential of the ugly bastards, but the box I got was put on a shelf and forgotten. 8 or so months later I finally got around to finish one last night!

Will Update with paint and progress on the other two, pixel gave me some new ideas to make them even more gnarly (gnarly as Gnarly Sheen)

PEACE I'M OUT *drops mic, on foot, cries*

No comments:

Post a Comment