Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's a floating head!!!


I was mildly disturbed while painting the head for the pilot inside the MaK SAFS-suit. Something really weirded me out having that head floating on a pedestal. It got a little better now that I got paint on it. When all white it looked a little too ghostly/dead to me. :)

First time I've tried out everything I've been reading about the last month concerning oil painting, historical miniatures and the correct shades of khaki (don't get me started on that!).

Painting not-40K-stuff is way more subtle (and sometimes easier) than the style of grimdark. Unfortunately my oil-paints is still in transit, so I had to resort to using Reaper instead. Perhaps a good thing since I imagine using oils will be a messy business for a couple of sessions until I get a hang of it.

The SAFS-suit is getting along pretty nicely. Hopefully I can get some proper WIP-photos up during the weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment